Hello Dear Reader-
Do you know how fabulous vegan banana ice cream is and how easy it is to make? If you do, this recipe will provide you with an alternative version with a blueberry twist. If, on the other hand, you haven’t already sampled a vegan banana ice cream, you are in for a treat.
We love it so much in my household, we over buy bananas just so we end up with some that are “too” ripened. You know the ones that have small brown spots on the peel and are just becoming a little too mushy.
I freeze those bananas and to make the ice cream, I simply blend them with some frozen blueberries.
Before blending/processing I chop the frozen bananas. It speeds up the process of achieving a soft-serve consistency.
Those are my only tips. It really couldn’t be easier. Watch this video to see the ice cream being made and also for a nutritional comparison between this recipe and a traditional ice cream made with sugar and cream.
Here is the recipe for you to enjoy.
Banana Blueberry Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch sea salt optional
- Freeze two very ripe bananas.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the bananas, blueberries, almond milk and optional sea salt to a soft serve consistency.
- Eat immediately or freeze to be enjoyed later.
- Optional: Top with non-dairy chocolate chips, coconut flakes, nuts, granola or fresh fruit.