Do you ever crave a dessert, but not a high-fat, processed sugar one? These cookies are the answer.
Not too sweet
Packed with heart healthy oats
Flavored with coconut flakes
No oils, no butter, no eggs, no processed sugar. Sweetened with maple syrup and apple sauce. These cookies are vegan and whole foods-plant based. Chose gluten-free rolled oats and oat flour for a totally gluten-free cookie.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Mix in Ingredients
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp rolled oats
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, yellow raisins (any combination) optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the wet ingredients
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined
- Fold in the rolled oats and chocolate chips (if using).
- Drop a spoonful of batter, 1 tbsp at a time, onto the baking sheet. Press down with the back of the spoon to flatten slightly.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I made these cookies. And the next day I made them again! The first batch was eaten immediately. The second batch didn’t last much longer. They are easy and quick and delicious. No added fats or oils.
SO glad you enjoyed them Phyllis! They go quickly when I make them too!