This rich, creamy, chocolatey dessert is a serious crowd pleaser.
- food processor
- 1 12 oz Aseptically packaged silken firm or extra firm tofu* Mori-Nu brand for example
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1¼ cup non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips**
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- raspberries and cacao nibs optional garnish
- Remove the tofu from the package, drain excess water and then process it in a food processor until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk over high heat until just boiling. Turn heat to low and add the chocolate chips. Stir until chips are fully melted. Add maple syrup and stir to combine. Turn off heat and add the vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the tofu. Process until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Divide the mousse into four serving bowls. Garnish with raspberries and or chocolate nibs if desired.
- *Do a Google search to find which one of your local supermarkets carries this tofu. It is not in the refrigerator section with the other tofu products, but in the Asian section with soy sauces and curries.
- ** For a more intense dark chocolaty flavor, replace 1/4 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips with a 80-90% cocoa dark chocolate broken into bits.