Pressure Cooked Coconut Basmati Rice
There's nothing wrong with simple brown rice. In fact, it's a staple in my kitchen. But every once in a while, a serving of coconut rice with curry or a warm dahl such as Red Lentil and Spinach Dahl is a richly flavored accompaniment.
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups basmati brown rice rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 - 15 oz can coconut milk stirred to combine liquids and solids
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt optional
- In a pressure cooker combine the rice, water, coconut milk and salt if using.
- Cook on high pressure for 19 minutes. This time may vary by a few less or more minutes depending on pressure cooker type and the altitude of your cooking location.
- Allow for a natural release.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!