Hello Dear Readers-
Do you love chocolate? I do, especially covered with dried fruit, nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, or coconut flakes. When I’m craving a cocoa treat, this is my sweet-tooth satisfying go-to recipe. It’s very simple and adaptable. Just melt the chocolate, decorate with your favorite toppings, freeze, break it up, and voila…chocolate bark.
The recipe and a video showing its preparation are below.
Dark Chocolate Date and Coconut Bark
- 1 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Medjool date, chopped approx. 2 dates
- 1 dash finishing salt optional
- Remove chocolate bar from packaging and place on a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Microwave the chocolate for about about 1-3 minutes until just melted. The time will vary by microwave.
- Remove from the microwave, and sprinkle with the chopped dates and then flaked coconut. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Break apart to form bark pieces.