Hello Dear Reader-
The ingredients in this dish are delicious, nutritious, filling, easy-to-prepare…what more could you ask for? Well- maybe more. They are also completely vegan and whole food plant-based. That means that they are made from the most wholesome ingredients, all minimally processed. In other words, ingredients that come from plants, not made in plants.
The Rainbow Buddha Bowl comes together in mere minutes…particularly if you, like me, do yourself a favor and batch cook. By that I mean, prepare some of the foods in bulk, put some in the fridge and store the rest in the freezer. Such a great time saver.
Both brown rice and lentils are perfect candidates for bulk cooking. The Rainbow Buddha Bowl comes to life with this wonderful Asian Peanut Sauce. Make a big batch and enjoy it with any number of dishes including this Spicy Asian Salad or Pad Thai – Peanut Noodle Stir Fry.
Here are the ingredients for the Rainbow Buddha Bowl.
The recipe follows my 5-step Healthy Vegan Made Easy system for eating an abundance of health promoting foods. Step 1) Dressing (Asian Peanut Sauce) Step 2) Green and Vegetable (arugula, sweet potato and beets) Step 3) Grain and/or Bean (brown rice and lentils) Step 4) Topping (sunflower seeds) Step 5) Herb, Spice, Condiment (basil) They can simply be mixed together in a bowl like this.
Or if you prefer to section of the ingredients on top of the arugula or rice that would look pretty too!
You can watch a video of me preparing the Rainbow Buddha Bowl here:
With warm wishes xo, Diana
Rainbow Buddha Bowl
- 6 cups arugula or any salad greens
- 6 basil leaves sliced thin
- 2/3 cup diced cooked sweet potato
- 2/3 cup roasted beet skin removed and diced
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice cooled
- 2/3 cup cooked lentils (or other legume) cooled
- 1/2 cup Asian Peanut Sauce link to recipe in notes below
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, raw or toasted optional
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with the peanut sauce. Top with sunflower seeds, if using. Another option is to place the arugula in a shallow wide bowl and then place the remaining ingredients in sections on top of the greens. Drizzle the peanut sauce on top.
I tried this recipe today. I love that I had most of the foods in my kitchen. Only had to swap out the sunflower seeds for pumpkin seeds. It’s delicious! Not sure I can keep the peanut sauce in the house. It’s so good I could use it for every meal! I can’t wait to try the next recipe.
Ohhhh I know what you mean! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe and I love that you adopted the recipe with the ingredients you had on hand.