Rainbow Noodle Stir Fry
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 12 oz rice noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil optional
- ½ yellow onion sliced in half moons
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 2 carrots cut into coins
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- 1 scallion, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together until combined. Taste, adding more hot sauce if desired. Set the sauce aside.
- Boil a large pot of water. Add the broccoli florets and blanch for one minute. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Using the same pot of boiling water, prepare the noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté the onions in a few tablespoons of water, or sesame oil, stirring frequently until softened. Add the peppers and carrots and stir fry until tender. Add the blanched broccoli.
- Toss the cooked noodles and veggies with the sauce until everything is evenly coated. Add chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges for garnish if desired.
Recipe by Diana Goldman, Beantown Kitchen, adapted from Happy Herbivore Cheater Pad Thai
Calories: 215kcalProtein: 8gFiber: 8gCalcium: 36mgIron: 1.15mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!