Shroomy Tofu Scramble
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 oz button or cremini mushrooms sliced
- 16 oz package firm or extra-firm tofu drained
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced into chiffonade
- Optional hot sauce, diced avocado, diced tomato
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu with your hands or fork, maintaining some larger chunks. Stir in the nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, turmeric, cumin and smoked paprika until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 4-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook for 7 mins or until the moisture is released, cooked off and the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir the crumbled tofu mixture and kale to the pan and cook for about 2-4 minutes until the tofu is heated through and the leafy greens have wilted. Stir in the basil.
- Serve with hot sauce, avocado and diced tomatoes if desired.