This is a wonderful salad and easy to prepare, particularly if you batch cook some of the ingredients such as quinoa, Sweet and Spicy Nuts and Asian Peanut Sauce salad. It is a also a nutritional powerhouse- delivering a healthy dose of protein, calcium and iron as well as phytonutrients and antioxidants.
The ingredients for the salad follow my Healthy Vegan Made Easy system.
Step 1) a dressing (Asian Peanut Sauce)
Step 2) a green (arugula) and other vegetables (red onions, and red peppers)
Step 3) a grain and/or bean (quinoa)
Step 4) a topping (sweet and spicy almonds) and mandarin oranges and
Step 5) a herb, spice or condiment (basil).
The salad is simple to assemble and offers a beautiful mix of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
You can watch a video of me preparing the Spicy Asian Salad here:
With warm wishes xo,
Spicy Asian Salad
- 12 cups arugula
- 12 basil leaves sliced thin
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup quinoa cooked and cooled
- 4 Mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 batch Best Crispy Tofu in notes below
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds or ½ cup sweet and spicy nuts, in notes below
- 1 cup Asian Peanut Sauce link to recipe in notes below
- In a large serving bowl, combine the arugula, basil, bell pepper, onion and quinoa.
- Either toss in the remaining ingredients or use the orange segments, and sesame seeds spiced nuts/seeds as garnish and then drizzle the peanut sauce on top.