This Sweet Potato and Beet Lemon Tahini Bowl is a low effort dish that is flavor-packed and comfort-filled. This dish is one of my favorites as it is nutrient dense and contains all sorts of flavorful, plant-based ingredients. It’s also quick and easy to prepare.
There is no skimping on flavor (beets, sweet potatoes, basil, arugula and lemon tahini dressing, hello!)
Best of all the dish contains 11 simple ingredients that are whole, minimally processed and all plant-based.
What’s to Love About Brown Rice?
Brown rice is a fiber rich, whole gluten-free whole grain and has a nutty, earthy, bold flavor. Compared to refined white rice, that has had the bran and germ removed, brown rice has more protein, minerals and vitamins.
Brown rice makes for a wonderful base for this bowl.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know how you like it! Leave a comment, share it, and rate it.
Let me show you how it’s done!
Sweet Potato & Beet Lemon Tahini Bowl
- 6 cups arugula or any salad greens
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato diced
- 1 cup roasted beet skin removed and diced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 6 basil leaves sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
Lemon Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave more or less, to taste
- 1 minced garlic clove or 2 for a stronger garlic flavor
To assemble one bowl
- Place half of the arugula in a medium bowl or on a dinner plate.
- Top the greens with half of the sweet potato, beets, brown rice and chickpeas.
- Drizzle with half of the lemon tahini sauce.
- Garnish with half of the basil, pistachio nuts and a wedge of lemon.
To prepare the lemon tahini sauce
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine all of the ingredients. A Nutribullet or small food processor works well too.