Spicy Asian Salad
This protein, calcium and iron packed salad is filling and delicious.
- 12 cups arugula
- 12 basil leaves sliced thin
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup quinoa cooked and cooled
- 4 Mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 batch Best Crispy Tofu in notes below
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds or ½ cup sweet and spicy nuts, in notes below
- 1 cup Asian Peanut Sauce link to recipe in notes below
In a large serving bowl, combine the arugula, basil, bell pepper, onion and quinoa.
Either toss in the remaining ingredients or use the orange segments, and sesame seeds spiced nuts/seeds as garnish and then drizzle the peanut sauce on top.
Asian Peanut Sauce - The Asian Peanut Sauce recipe makes 4 cups of sauce. So, you will only need to prepare 1/4 of the recipe to obtain the correct amount for this recipe. Alternatively, make the whole recipe and keep the extra sauce in the fridge for up tp 5 days for future use.
Best Crispy Tofu
Sweet and Spicy Nuts