Five Reasons to Love This Oat and Chia Parfait
Here are five reasons you will you love this Oat and Chia Parfait. It’s:
- a delicious and highly nutritious breakfast dish.
- packed with dietary fiber, providing great benefits to your digestive health.
- made with chia seeds, a fabulous source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- simple to prepare and beautiful to serve. The rolled oats don’t need to be cooked at all. Soaked for 15 minutes in your favorite plant-milk, they are chewy and satisfying and very filling.
This recipe makes two servings. This is the nutritional information for one serving.
|Protein (g)||Calcium (mg)||Iron (mg)||Fiber (g)||Sat Fat (g)||Cholesterol (g)||Calories (kcal)|
|Oat and Chia Parfait||14||115||3.5||10.5||2.5||0||238|
For the oats:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons agave
- pinch of salt
For the layers:
- 1 tablespoon slivered raw almonds
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen (and defrosted) berries
- 1/2 of a sliced banana*
To a medium bowl, add oats, almond milk, chia seeds, cinnamon and agave. Stir to combine and then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Combine the almonds, berries, and banana. Or keep separated, if you prefer to layer the fruit individually.
In a bowl, glass or mason jar, layer 1/4 of the oat mixture. Top with 1/4 of the fruit and nut mixture.
Now top with another 1/4 of the oat mixture and then top with the another 1/4 fruit and nut mixture.
Repeat for the second serving.
*Use any fruit and nut combination you would like.
2016 Beantown Kitchen- Reprint only by permission of the author